L’Organisation mondiale de la santé recrute 01 responsable de la santé des migrants H/F
Duties and responsibilities
- Under the supervision of the Humanitarian Emergency Interventions Team Lead and overall guidance of the Emergency Operations Manager, the incumbent will assume the following responsibilities:
- Develop a roadmap on how to intensify the Health and Migration Programme at the Regional and Country Offices in the African Region.
- Support the country assessment related activities in selected countries using the Refugee and Migrant Health Country Assessment Tool.
- Support the development of country operational plans or recommended health and migration activities in the assessed countries.
- Support the finalization of the country profiles in the African region, where needed, conduct the situation analysis including but not limited to current trends, health challenges, existing policies and Frameworks in the Region, country support plans, enabling legal, policy and programmatic environment, gaps and linkage with other WHO programmes at Regional Office in particular WHE, UHC and PHC.
- Provide country tailored technical assistance within the operational range of the Migration and Health area of work including the formulation, implementation and monitoring of WHO programme activities carried out in Member States.
- Draft regional progress reports and other technical communications (e.g., donor reports, annual reports, briefing notes); follow up on inputs for the finalization of the Global Health and Migration Report.
- Facilitate and participate in multi-sectoral partnership dialogue with health and non-health institutional and non-institutional players in the WHO African Region in the area of health and migration, organize meetings, produce relevant documentation and reports and supply content for e-based information sharing platforms as required.
- Contribute to the design of innovative tools for strengthening country capacity to manage migration and people movement carrying out country health assessments and organizing stakeholder meetings during country’s health system assessment in cases of migration and people forced displacements.
- Identify good practices, relevant resources and tools for countries in the Region and opportunities partners; as well as existing coordination mechanisms and agreements in the region and between countries and sub-regional coordination bodies that could contribute to the GAP implementation.
- Produce draft technical documents, information products and reports and provide technical assistance in the organisation of various activities, such as workshops, meetings and technical assistance missions, in support of policy development in countries of the WHO African Region.
- Perform other relevant duties as required.
- Essential: Advanced level university degree (Masters level or above) related to health or emergency response, management or social sciences.
- Desirable: Specialization or specific training on health emergency management.
- Essential: At least seven years’ field experience in health emergency response, health response support, public health needs assessments, risk analysis or early recovery.
- Desirable: Strong knowledge in developing and implementing public health policies and strategies in the context of emergencies is an asset. Experience with WHO, UN or UN agency or a health cluster member organization including the development of global strategies, guidelines and tools for health in emergency actions.
- Proven experience and expertise in the management of the health response to humanitarian emergencies and outbreaks;
- Extensive technical knowledge, and operational skills, including early recovery/transition, combined with knowledge of UN, interagency humanitarian systems and process.
- Excellent communication skills to negotiate/enlist cooperation from a broad range of actors from multi-disciplinary backgrounds;
- Strong organizational skills complemented with ability to work in a proactive and independent manner, multi-task and produce results under pressure.
- Strong organizational skills complemented with ability to work in a proactive and independent manner, multi-task and produce results under pressure. Diplomacy, tact and discretion
Closing date: Aug 25, 2022